The government’s report that the U.S. economy has added 4.8 million jobs just this month of June has uplift investors hope in the economy’s reopening. The report has exceeded what the economist expected which is just around 2.9 million, which made the unemployment rate down by 11.1% from 13.3% May report.
Nasdaq Composite has closed higher for the second time this week, as big tech stocks included with it such as Microsoft (MSFT), Amazon (AMZN) and Netflix (NFLX) were all trading at new records, with this data Nasdaq has now gained almost 14% just this year. The Dow has bounce back after losing some yesterday while S&P 500 is up by 0.5%.
The three major stocks (Nasdaq, S&P 500 and the Dow) have lead the market optimistically on today’s trading day. And below are some of the price movements today.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up by 92.39 points higher or 0.4% to 25,827.36.
- The Nasdaq Composite hit another record high for the second time this week, climbing up by 0.5% to 10,207.63.
- The S&P 500 also gained 0.5% to end the day at 3,130.01.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index added 2%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index increased 1.7%.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries declined one basis point to 0.67%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond ticked lower to 1.429%.
- The 2-year Treasury Yield has no noticeable movement with 0.155%.
- Gold has impressively increased by 0.33% to $1,776.52 an ounce, after losing a bit yesterday.
- West Texas Intermediate crude surge with 2.08% increase to $40.65 per barrel.
- Brent crude’s price has also increased by 2.64% to $43.14 per barrel.
Keep yourself updated with the latest news on stock market and finance by browsing our website – Elite Capital International Limited.